This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nptl: Fix abort in case of set*id failure
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:50:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nptl: Fix abort in case of set*id failure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140428120545 dot 20B0643994596 at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 02:03:02PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> If a call to the set*id functions fails in a multi-threaded program,
> the abort introduced in commit 13f7fe35ae2b0ea55dc4b9628763aafdc8bdc30c
> was triggered.
> We address by checking that all calls to set*id on all threads give
> the same result, and only abort if we see success followed by failure
> (or vice versa).
A code itself makes sense. However I am not familiar with nptl enough to decide
if its proper solution, like why there is not a race condition if other
thread calls setuid that succeeds followed by setuid that fails.