This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Status of undef warnings fix?
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:25:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: Status of undef warnings fix?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9209b361-a6db-4dce-87df-630635a01a47 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <CANu=DmhRfotiun_AF0UarPr07BkSh84DiPvEjD5MjwvYUqW8GA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 20:06 +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> On 25 April 2014 19:03, Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering what the status of the patches to fix the various
> > undef warnings in the glibc build was. I.e.:
> > ../sysdeps/generic/ldsodefs.h:536:24: warning: "HP_SMALL_TIMING_AVAIL" is not defined [-Wundef]
> > I am getting 1665 of them during one build of glibc.
> > I see a set of patches that were submitted last month by Will Newton,
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-03/msg00476.html for
> > example. But it doesn't look like they have been checked in yet.
> I reverted the patches as they were not the correct approach.
> Unfortunately for the majority of the warnings nobody has stepped up
> to implement the correct approach.
Do you have a pointer to what is considered 'the correct approach'. I
tried reading through the email to find it but got lost in a maze of