This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] linux, x86: Add 32 bit vDSO time function support
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Stefani Seibold <stefani at seibold dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor dot com>, Andy Lutomirski <luto at amacapital dot net>, Martin Runge <Martin dot Runge at rohde-schwarz dot com>, Andreas Brief <Andreas dot Brief at rohde-schwarz dot com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 13:34:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] linux, x86: Add 32 bit vDSO time function support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1397894884 dot 5444 dot 1 dot camel at vger dot seibold dot net>
On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:08:04AM +0200, Stefani Seibold wrote:
> This patch add support for 32 bit vDSO time functions provided by the linux
> kernel 3.15, which will be also supported the ia32 emulation mode.
This patch looks excessively large considering that it's just adding
to 32-bit x86 functionality which is already implemented for x86_64. I
believe it also already exists for ppc and maybe some other archs. If
it really requires this much code duplication to add the same feature
to each arch, I think some serious refactoring is called for...