This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
No GSoC 2014 student for glibc.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Juan Manuel Torres Palma <j dot m dot torrespalma at gmail dot com>, Andrea Francesco Iuorio <andreafrancesco dot iuorio at gmail dot com>, Catalin Vasile <catalinvasile92 at gmail dot com>, "Jose E. Marchesi" <jemarch at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 02:16:03 -0400
- Subject: No GSoC 2014 student for glibc.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I want to apologize to those applicants with whom we
worked closely to create detailed proposals for glibc
GSoc 2104 applications. Unfortunately glibc will not
have any GSoC students allocated for 2014.
The reasons for this are entirely my fault. I was unable
to complete the required processes in time and the GNU
project had to return all unallocated slots back to
I appreciate the work put in by each student to prepare
their proposals, and I encourage them to participate in
GSoC next year, or in the GNU C Library as a project.
Again, I really appreciate the time and effort put in
by each of the students, and apologize for the process
mistakes on my part. Next year we'll have more experience
with the process and this problem should not happen again.