This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Updated rwlock-in-C patchkit
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 17:28:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated rwlock-in-C patchkit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1395789863-5026-1-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1397248605 dot 10643 dot 18269 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <53497694 dot 4040901 at redhat dot com> <20140412194007 dot GA1284 at domone dot podge>
On Sat, 2014-04-12 at 21:40 +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 01:23:32PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > On 04/11/2014 04:36 PM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 16:24 -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > >> Fixed the ChangeLog as requested. Otherwise no changes.
> > >>
> > >> Please consider merging.
> > >
> > > Based on a quick scan this looks good to me, and I definitely like the
> > > direction. However, I believe this won't get accepted unless you show
> > > numbers by providing a benchtest for the uncontended case.
> > Fully agreed.
> > While I trust that you think it's faster I would like an objective way
> > to measure this on the systems that I care about.
> Carlos that was already addressed in this thread. See
I didn't see a submitted microbenchmark in this case, which I believe is
what Carlos is talking about.