This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15514] Use statvfs64() for pathconf(_PC_NAME_MAX).
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Peter TB Brett <peter at peter-b dot co dot uk>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:10:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15514] Use statvfs64() for pathconf(_PC_NAME_MAX).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87ioqk270z dot fsf at harrington dot peter-b dot co dot uk>
On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:56:12PM +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> pathconf(_PC_NAME_MAX) was implemented on top of statfs(). The 32bit
> version therefore fails EOVERFLOW if the filesystem blockcount is
> sufficiently large.
> Most pathconf() queries use statvfs64(), which avoids this issue. This
> patch modifies pathconf(_PC_NAME_MAX) to do likewise.
> P.S. I haven't completed FSF copyright assignment.
Looks ok for me.
Copyright assignment is not needed yet. As this is under 15 lines
its not legally significant.