This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Consistently include Makeconfig after defining subdir
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:56:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: Consistently include Makeconfig after defining subdir
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1402182257230 dot 31862 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <lenco8$5dg$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Stefan Liebler wrote:
> 2014-02-27 Stefan Liebler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * csu/Makefile: Use += instead of a =.
OK (with the ChangeLog entry fixed to name the variable involved).
I think the same should apply to other directories setting before-compile
with = or :=, unless they have a good reason for doing so. (That's elf/
iconvdata/ intl/ posix/. None were actually affected by my patch because
they had the settings of before-compile below both the old and new
includes of Makeconfig.)
Joseph S. Myers