Signals and errno (was: Re: Consensus on MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs.)

On 12/17/2013 10:46 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 12/17/2013 04:57 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

<http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=807>

How likely is that the Austin Group will ever close this ticket, even
with a indeterminate conclusion like "the standard does not specify
errno-restoring behavior"?  How long should we wait for such a
resolution?  (I think it's too late for this change for 2.19
anyway.)

If by "close" you mean "fix the language of the standard in some way,"
then it's very likely. However someone needs to drive the process to
get consensus on exactly what language change you want. Repost a final
requested set of changes and ask for agreement? It's just like
in glibc, repost, get consensus, refine, final agreement, and then it
will likely go into Issue 8 of POSIX.

As you can see, I added a proposal to the issue tracker at the URL above, but there hasn't been a reaction. Any suggestions?