Re: glibc 2.19 status?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> The latest patchset is indeed complete as in, every function in the
> glibc manual has a corresponding @safety note.  There are glibc
> functions that are not documented in the manual, and most of these have
> not had their safety properties assessed.

Thanks for the information.  Out of interest, do you have plans for
further work on this documentation, such as adding coverage of missing
functions to the manual (unfortunately I suspect that's a huge task;
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Development_Todo/Master#Missing_Functions>
points to some very old automation for listing undocumented functions) or
moving this documentation from listing observed properties to listing what
we want to guarantee (with bugs being filed if we think the present
interface does not achieve the guarantees we want)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com