This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING][PATCH][BZ #15073] Fix race in free.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at kugelworks dot com>
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:35:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PING][PATCH][BZ #15073] Fix race in free.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131210194349 dot GA19644 at domone dot podge> <20131218102757 dot GC6559 at domone dot podge> <C593C68D-FF0C-4C46-93E2-4A3ABA33E84B at kugelworks dot com> <20131221205921 dot GA3549 at domone dot podge> <30A9C720-86CB-48CB-B931-00A83542DC84 at kugelworks dot com> <20131223163345 dot GA5291 at domone> <51908F04-0FFD-4143-8DED-EE0A9E05AC15 at kugelworks dot com> <52BE0A2A dot 6080007 at redhat dot com> <4BF95A40-7E07-4035-8B3A-9B4C626546AF at kugelworks dot com>
On 12/27/2013 06:24 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>> Thus if there are interested parties in getting this fixed for
>> any non-trunk branches then those parties need to backport, test,
>> and submit the patch as usual for ACK'ing by the branch maintainer.
> Fair enough. I will backport and test the patch for 2.15 onwards. Do
> I have your ACK to commit to 2.15 and 2.16 provided there are no
Given no regressions I approve this patch for 2.15 and 2.16.
Please make sure you add a 2.15.1 and 2.16.1 section if not already
present in NEWS and add the bug number to the list of bugs fixed.
Traditionally we create BZ entries for the backports, but I don't
think we need to waste time doing that. Just using the single BZ
is sufficient, but please update the BZ as you fix each of the
Does that make sense?