This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Add _DEFAULT_SOURCE feature test macro.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:50:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: Add _DEFAULT_SOURCE feature test macro.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1312052315530 dot 16480 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131216225338 dot 6FA7E7442E at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1312172155340 dot 3620 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131218210441 dot GM24286 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Rich Felker wrote:
> To me this sounds like just about the ideal behavior. BTW I think it
> also brings glibc's defaults closer to the defaults we're providing in
> musl. We don't have a SVID switch at all, but the defaults include
I think there's some confusion here - this patch isn't meant to change the
defaults at all. The defaults are (BSD + SVID + POSIX.1-2008, but with
with __USE_POSIX_IMPLICITLY defined) both before and after this patch.
The point of this patch is to provide a way to get the default interfaces
enabled with other options such as -std=c99 are used, (a) that doesn't
depend on _BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE being supported feature test macros
and (b) that remains the same even when the default interface changes in
future (e.g. for a newer version of POSIX).
Joseph S. Myers