This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ping][PATCH][BZ #13862] Reuse of cached stack can cause bounds overrun of thread DTV
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo dot ham at samsung dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, siddhesh at redhat dot com, paul at vineyardnetworks dot com, beomho dot seo at samsung dot com, myungjoo dot ham at gmail dot com, marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com, pb at sourceware dot org, jsm28 at sourceware dot org, carlos at sourceware dot org, aj at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:44:21 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ping][PATCH][BZ #13862] Reuse of cached stack can cause bounds overrun of thread DTV
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385453523-19632-1-git-send-email-myungjoo dot ham at samsung dot com> <mvm7gbveejb dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
> Please put the preprocessor condition around the whole first arm of the
> condition statement.
No, that is an anti-style. Whenever code can be in 'if (0)' (after
constant folding) rather than in #if, that is preferable. It makes
sure the code stays compilable even if one is only compiling one of