This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [WIP] Remove nested function in elf/dl-lookup.c? (Nested functions considered harmful?)
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:10:49 +0530
- Subject: Re: [WIP] Remove nested function in elf/dl-lookup.c? (Nested functions considered harmful?)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52AC8036 dot 7000300 at redhat dot com> <20131216044129 dot GA18419 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <52AF0EEC dot 3000508 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 09:32:12AM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Maybe, maybe not, but that would be a distinct patch *after*
> this initial checkin to make the function distinct.
> I don't want to wrap the elements in a struct because that
> breaks the optimizations used during inlining.
Yeah, making a struct out of it is pointless. We could clean up the