This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: GNU C Library master sources branch local_ibm_2.18 created. glibc-2.18-87-g40e9bbd
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>, Frank Eigler <fche at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:17:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: GNU C Library master sources branch local_ibm_2.18 created. glibc-2.18-87-g40e9bbd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131116041512 dot 14001 dot qmail at sourceware dot org> <5286FC2D dot 9020208 at redhat dot com> <20131116051258 dot GF22514 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <52870555 dot 3040109 at redhat dot com> <5287069E dot 6080207 at redhat dot com> <20131116082147 dot GH22514 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <528912AB dot 8030507 at redhat dot com> <20131211231420 dot 291957442B at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 12/11/2013 06:14 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I use "git push origin :branchname" to delete all the time.
> It has recently started printing things like:
> remote: fatal: Invalid revision range 96e1ad1b3f6d020b8c32c30ed2801da317729e58..0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
> But it still actually deletes the branch.
I might have mentioned this before, but that's a bug in the
remote hook. The script in the hook isn't taking into account
that the branch is now dead hence the zeroes.