This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Ruby testsuite failures because of pointer mangling on 32-bit ARM?
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: pinskia at gmail dot com
- Cc: carlos at redhat dot com, will dot newton at linaro dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:36:22 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Ruby testsuite failures because of pointer mangling on 32-bit ARM?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A75D39 dot 6010506 at redhat dot com> <20131210 dot 141829 dot 170731967453318604 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <186C0AD8-CFA3-4EE1-AB18-1158E32F1F1B at gmail dot com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:57:03 -0800
> Hmm, shouldn't ruby be using makecontext/restore context instead of
> setjmp/longjmp for this purpose? I think we should declare this as
> a bug in ruby.
I honestly think that what Ruby is doing is quite reasonable.