This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add dynamic linker support for $EXEC_ORIGIN.
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Carlos O'Donnell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 16:57:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add dynamic linker support for $EXEC_ORIGIN.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1386634331-21691-1-git-send-email-bmoses at google dot com> <CALoOobPF0XwKE+hvsCjeX8Q2dnPvpx_Qq+aX9qT_aogu1DGeVA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131210004638 dot GS24286 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Rich Felker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Before getauxval enters widespread use, can somebody please review bug
> #15846 regarding the interface being broken?
I agree that that bug should be fixed.
I don't particularly like the return of -1 proposal since 0xFFFFFFFF could
also be a valid value for perhaps AT_HWCAP, or some future AT_something.
If the fix is to set errno, then the use of 0/NULL to mean "not present"
in this patch and in elf/tst-auxv.c (the only current use AFAICT) would
still be ok.