This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][benchtests] Use benchmark framework for strtod
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:46:49 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][benchtests] Use benchmark framework for strtod
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131204074418 dot GP14845 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <529F1811 dot 5090604 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20131204124855 dot GT14845 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20131205053252 dot GB14845 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <52A06A9D dot 7090005 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 09:59:25AM -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> It is working now, but with your current patch the results are now squashed into a single value.
> For instance, now I'm getting:
> strtod(): ITERS:9.6174e+07: TOTAL:25951.3Mcy, MAX:4207.27cy, MIN:54.375cy, 3705.94 calls/Mcy
> Instead of:
> Input 1e308 : 916.607
> Input 100000000e300 : 539.083
> Input 0x1p1023 : 124.646
> Input 0x1000p1011 : 159.497
> Input 0x1p1020 : 123.636
> Input 0x0.00001p10401e-307 : 104.093
> Input 0.000001e-301 : 951.208
> Input 0.0000001e-300 : 932.807
> Input 0.00000001e-299 : 943.378
> The idea of having multiple outputs is because strtod may use different internal and thus different
> values depending of the inputs. When I ported the MPN implementation to GLIBC I found out its
> routines are only heavily used for some kind of floating point inputs.
Oh, thanks for clearing that and sorry I didn't look at the benchmark
more carefully - I think I was caught up in the output variable
semantics I was working on. I withdraw this patch.