This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #15941] Fix generation of INSTALL file with makeinfo 5.x
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:01:53 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #15941] Fix generation of INSTALL file with makeinfo 5.x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131204140813 dot GV14845 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <529FEE2D dot 7020403 at archlinux dot org>
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 01:08:29PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> I can tell from the diff below that you regenerated INSTALL using
> texinfo-5.x. While it is good to have texinfo-5.x compatibility, it
> should still be generated using texinfo-4.x for the time being.
Right, that makes sense; I'll skip the INSTALL regeneration. We ought
to set a point at which we want to regenerate INSTALL using
texinfo-5.x, like maybe when 2.20 or 2.21 development open up.