This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #15941] Fix generation of INSTALL file with makeinfo 5.x
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, allan at archlinux dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 15:26:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #15941] Fix generation of INSTALL file with makeinfo 5.x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131204140813 dot GV14845 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:38:14PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Allan had noted that newer makeinfo versions fail silently when
> generating the INSTALL file due to the fact that they silently treat
> non-existent links as failures. The patch below fixes this by adding
> an additional install-plain.texi that simply sets a variable to
> conditionally include the @node directive in the real install.texi.
> makeinfo 5.2 has a @ifnotplaintext directive that could be useful
> here, but it would mean having to bump makeinfo requirement, which
> seemed unnecessary to me.
Could it be possible to add test that install was regenerated? I could
imagine this bug return in future when somebody adds wrong link.