This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Hanging conftest
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Blake <eblake at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat dot com>, bug-gnulib at gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:01:45 +0530
- Subject: Re: Hanging conftest
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <529624A0 dot 2020106 at redhat dot com> <52962B78 dot 20003 at redhat dot com> <20131128050020 dot GE20495 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <52974B01 dot 9000704 at redhat dot com> <5297548F dot 7020902 at redhat dot com> <529E0FF4 dot 8000004 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 10:08:04AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
> Michal complained that setting MALLOC_CHECK_ for the entire configure
> slowed things down.
That's funny because...
> +#ifdef M_CHECK_ACTION
> + mallopt(M_CHECK_ACTION, 2);
... this should have the same effect as MALLOC_CHECK_, i.e. it should
enable the extra checking and slow things down in the same manner as
MALLOC_CHECK_. However, it looks like we don't do __malloc_check_init
for M_CHECK_ACTION, which is what initializes the additional checks.
Does anyone know if it is intentional? It looks like a bug to me.