This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PowerPC: Optimized mpn functions for PowerPC64/POWER7
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Will Schmidt <will_schmidt at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:53:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: PowerPC: Optimized mpn functions for PowerPC64/POWER7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5278FD67 dot 3010105 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <1386103081 dot 6272 dot 66 dot camel at brimstone>
On Tue, 3 Dec 2013, Will Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 12:15 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> > This patch add optimized __mpn_add_n/__mpn_sub_n for PowerPC64/POWER7.
> > They are originally from GMP with adjustments for GLIBC. It provides a
> > small boost for mpn_divrem.
> "originally from GMP" - can you clarify that a bit? From a glance, GMP
> appears to be GPL v.3. I'm unclear how that gets massaged into 2.r1
See Roland's previous comments about permission to use GMP code under the
glibc license dating from when GMP was GPLv1.
Joseph S. Myers