This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] locale: don't crash if locale-archive contains all zeros
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:33:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] locale: don't crash if locale-archive contains all zeros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385897760-24820-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net> <CAAHN_R1t5K79_tOTdyPgrZFpXdESMPia1g408wUgqDqQywAUVQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:50:37PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 1 December 2013 17:06, Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > In case of power failure followed by filesystem issues locale-archive
> > can end-up containing all zeros. In that case all calls to setlocale()
> > generate a SIGFPE. This renders a system with a default non-C locale
> > unbootable.
> > Avoid this by ignoring the locale instead of generating a SIGFPE.
> Sorry, I'm a bit late to mention this but I think there should have
> been a bug report upstream to mirror the debian bug.
I can still open one if you think it is needed.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73