This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] locale: don't crash if locale-archive contains all zeros
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 15:50:37 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] locale: don't crash if locale-archive contains all zeros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385897760-24820-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
On 1 December 2013 17:06, Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> In case of power failure followed by filesystem issues locale-archive
> can end-up containing all zeros. In that case all calls to setlocale()
> generate a SIGFPE. This renders a system with a default non-C locale
> Avoid this by ignoring the locale instead of generating a SIGFPE.
Sorry, I'm a bit late to mention this but I think there should have
been a bug report upstream to mirror the debian bug.