This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Avoid two SSP ABI's for AArch64.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 12:53:43 -0500
- Subject: Avoid two SSP ABI's for AArch64.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Kumar, Marcus, Richard,
Is there any way we can avoid having two SSP ABI's for AArch64?
Is it too late and the cat's out of the bag and we need to support,
test, and ensure both models worked intermixed?
All of this is under the assumption, and there is some data to back
this up via the pointer guard work, that on all AArch64's a TP+offset
access is always faster than loading the data from a global symbol.