Re: Consensus on MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs.

On Nov 29, 2013, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  Could we make this data available in machine-parsable form,
> under a free software license (which the GFDL isn't)?

The @safety notes are always right after the corresponding
@deftypefu?nx? lines, and the transition to macros for all keywords
should make this even more parseable than it was.  I'm sure we can
contribute the code with an additional permission for the information to
be extracted and transformed under some other license.

Do you have any specific license in mind?  It doesn't seem critical for
the purpose above that it be a software license.  After all, this is
just data, that a program would read in, perhaps transform and output in
another form, for visualization, storage or further transformation.  For
this purpose alone, even GNU SFDL would do, and that would be pretty
easy to accomplish with a simple addional permission; heck, we could
even have the build machinery extract the info and attach the intended
license to the result.  (Worst case, we could do it the other way round,
maintain the info separately and insert it as part of the build process,
but that would be a lot more inconvenient to maintain, I think)