This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix x86 sqrt rounding (bug 14032)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 21:24:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix x86 sqrt rounding (bug 14032)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311271803540 dot 7837 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5296585B dot 6030003 at suse dot com>
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> The patch looks fine but I wonder whether it has any signficant
> performance regressions.
> Did you run the benchtests and does any of the functions tested there
> needs sqrt and make a difference?
As far as I can tell sqrt benchmarks
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00382.html> have not gone
in or been pinged, and none of the benchmarked functions uses sqrt.
Joseph S. Myers