This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Propose we allow locales without country codes.
- From: Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw dot cz>
- To: Keld Simonsen <keld at keldix dot com>
- Cc: Adam Conrad <adconrad at 0c3 dot net>, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, libc-locales at sourceware dot org, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:03:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: Propose we allow locales without country codes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52936433 dot 1040808 at redhat dot com> <CAHdAatZi6G=7onOB0fKv1Be6fiwipEFmddG2GhmH+KJqOZHHGw at mail dot gmail dot com> <52939E26 dot 7090804 at redhat dot com> <CAHdAatYgiZcyFobBroPmgd37kyGT9YLTCR8Vdi5T3vT6wzPu9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125202259 dot GQ16259 at 0c3 dot net> <20131125204312 dot GB18243 at www5 dot open-std dot org>
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 09:43:12PM +0100, Keld Simonsen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 01:22:59PM -0700, Adam Conrad wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 02:55:54PM -0500, Chris Leonard wrote:
> > > On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Either way I assume your comments mean you are in support of my proposal?
> > >
> > > Yes, I am supportive of your proposal.
> > FWIW, given that Debian is already doing this for 'eo', and the evidence
> > that C, POSIX, and C.UTF-8 all work too, I (not surprisingly) support
> > this.
> > ... Adam
> Looks ok.
I agree that this makes sense; thank you for pushing it forward, Carlos.
Petr "Pasky" Baudis