This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Belated ping2, Re: [RFC][patch] Fix racy nptl/tst-getpid2
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:06:26 +0530
- Subject: Re: Belated ping2, Re: [RFC][patch] Fix racy nptl/tst-getpid2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20121001183214 dot B03561908A5 at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CAMe9rOpTjYCn_mjpG=eavdeu94K1zE3m7keDyFmsc6Wf6PX0WQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALoOobNPYsei9J-kqg97zgGmYmY5nTnW-U7CoLp5UyzzHwhQdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALoOobNKe-=yyh0YnEKtn2+DHrXpkgG4PVrJdg3iAiouK+XPEQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <528D7246 dot 7010103 at google dot com> <20131125102834 dot GP19834 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 03:58:34PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 06:39:02PM -0800, Brooks Moses wrote:
> > Ping^2?
> > I know it's been a while, but I got bitten by this one again just
> > now. It would be nice to either fix the test or get it removed on
> > grounds of being invalid.
> > If there's consensus with H.J.'s assertion that it's invalid, I'll
> > gladly write the obvious patch to remove it.
> > Thanks,
> > - Brooks
> I agree with Paul and think the patch is OK. My understanding from
> reading the code is that the test verifies clone functionality with
> CLONE_THREAD is not set and CLONE_VM is set and ensures that the PID
> is set (and reset) appropriately in userspace.
I forgot to add that a comment describing why LD_BIND_NOW is needed
there would be really helpful.