This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15089] Fixes malloc_trim always trims for large padding
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Fernando J V da Silva <fernandojvdasilva at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Fernando Ferraz <fernandoperches at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:12:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15089] Fixes malloc_trim always trims for large padding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEdg5wVxfYRHz2qDoJGx6vs0wSD8X334m+VX-D345+xpZxy+8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=DmhJEQkaarAp4w7zOpD8UZ=ANgvmKrgw5jVpnjrom7G4Rw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131120105702 dot GA26441 at domone dot podge> <CAEdg5wXOz0ww6mjm7Yv2QTj=XZWDBUAwufup1MLz8S1gCOekqg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 21 November 2013 03:00, Fernando J V da Silva
> Hi Will and OndÅej!
> Thanks for your reviews!
> Just to make sure I understood... The concern regarding copyright is
> because of the fix was based on suggestion by Thiago Ize on Bugzilla,
> as I mentioned on the commit message, right? If that is the case, I
> should put only an "Ideas by" entry for him at the copyright part of
> the .c file, is that correct?
I think it is fine as it is, your patch looks like it is different
from the code snippets in the bug report so the copyright is yours.
The copyright issue I mentioned was that glibc requires assignment of
copyright on "significant changes" (see point 8 on
the link that OndÅej posted defines a "significant change" as 15 lines
or more so your change should be fine without any of this extra
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro