This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16159] Do not backtrace recursively.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Thorsten Glaser <tg at debian dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:43:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16159] Do not backtrace recursively.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131114190329 dot GB26168 at domone dot podge> <loom dot 20131118T120309-727 at post dot gmane dot org>
On Mon, 18 Nov 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> m68k has a huge penalty for TLS (at least one syscall).
(a) I don't think backtrace is at all performance critical.
(b) m68k glibc includes vDSO support for faster TLS and atomic operations.
All that's needed is to get the kernel support (e.g.
Joseph S. Myers