This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC 1/2] Adding custom destructor for free.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:29:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC 1/2] Adding custom destructor for free.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131111142049 dot GA13002 at domone dot podge>
On 11/11/2013 03:20 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
I wonder if this would be a core functionality or by adding new
There are already libraries for doing this. Adding it to libc would
only help if the existing (incompatible) libraries would standardize on
the libc interfaces, which seems unlikely.
I also think it's hardly radical enough, given that it negatively
interacts with malloc hooking.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team