This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #10253] Fix breaking of RPATH when $ORIGIN contains colons.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 23:45:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #10253] Fix breaking of RPATH when $ORIGIN contains colons.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131026072009 dot GA14530 at domone dot podge> <874n84xi8f dot fsf at igel dot home> <20131027080444 dot GB31927 at domone dot podge> <mvmpppxk6b2 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20131118172837 dot GB5177 at domone dot podge> <528A5B36 dot 9070702 at redhat dot com> <CALoOobOs2RAp0OPum1HXEof3RX8p4hdDpiAbhm-koJrH_p58Fg at mail dot gmail dot com> <528A8F16 dot 70101 at redhat dot com> <20131118223905 dot GA9135 at domone dot podge>
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:39:05PM +0100, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 05:05:10PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > On 11/18/2013 04:45 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> > > On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >> This looks good to me.
> > >
> > > Build break on Linux/x86_64:
> > >
> > > dl-load.c:495:7: error: too few arguments to function
> > > âexpand_dynamic_string_tokenâ
> > > to_free = cp = expand_dynamic_string_token (l, cp);
> > > ^
> > > dl-load.c:414:1: note: declared here
> > > expand_dynamic_string_token (struct link_map *l, const char *s, int is_path)
> > > ^
> > Paul,
> > Thanks for that. I also see the same build breakage. If you have commit
> > rights please feel free to immediately revert the patch since that's our
> > policy for glibc.
> > https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Consensus -> Bad Changes.
> > Ondrej,
> > Could you please coordinate with Paul and get this fixed? Please make
> > sure you test your changes before checking them in. I missed the
> > missing is_path in my review.
> A fix that I did when I tested patch but forgoten is this, will Paul
> revert or should I do this? It needs rechecking.
> @@ -492,7 +492,7 @@ fillin_rpath (char *rpath, struct r_search_path_elem
> **result, const char *sep,
> struct r_search_path_elem *dirp;
> - to_free = cp = expand_dynamic_string_token (l, cp);
> + to_free = cp = expand_dynamic_string_token (l, cp, 1);
> size_t len = strlen (cp);
Reverted a elf/dl-load.c code for now.