This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #10253] Fix breaking of RPATH when $ORIGIN contains colons.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:23:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #10253] Fix breaking of RPATH when $ORIGIN contains colons.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131026072009 dot GA14530 at domone dot podge> <874n84xi8f dot fsf at igel dot home> <20131027080444 dot GB31927 at domone dot podge> <mvmpppxk6b2 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20131118172837 dot GB5177 at domone dot podge>
On 11/18/2013 12:28 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 05:45:05PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> writes:
>>> @@ -627,7 +636,7 @@ decompose_rpath (struct r_search_path_struct *sps,
>>> /* Make a writable copy. At the same time expand possible dynamic
>>> string tokens. */
>>> - copy = expand_dynamic_string_token (l, rpath, 1);
>>> + copy = local_strdup (rpath);
>> The comment is no longer accurate.
> Ok, updated.
> [BZ #10253]
> * elf/dl-load.c (fillin_rpath): Add linkmap parameter and expand path.
> (decompose_rpath): Defer expansion to fillin_rpath.
> (_dl_init_paths): Pass linkmap to fillin_rpath.
This looks good to me.
The only thing I'm trying to determine is would there ever
be a plausible case that worked in the past that doesn't work
now. It would have involved having a directory that looks
like an unexpanded special name which would be odd and
unlikely. I'd rather have this fixed than support a weird