This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/3][BZ #11588] pi-condvars: add priority inheritance for pthread_cond_* internal lock
- From: Darren Hart <dvhart at linux dot intel dot com>
- To: paulmck at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: Gratian Crisan <gratian dot crisan at ni dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Scot Salmon <scot dot salmon at ni dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <spoyarek at redhat dot com>, Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix dot de>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Clark Williams <williams at redhat dot com>, Michael Phillips <michael dot phillips at ni dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:01:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/3][BZ #11588] pi-condvars: add priority inheritance for pthread_cond_* internal lock
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OF09DB185C dot 63A57D64-ON86257C07 dot 006D771F-86257C07 dot 007673D7 at ni dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310180034040 dot 29273 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <OF4BBEECEA dot 41E12AE9-ON86257C08 dot 00113926-86257C08 dot 0012FD87 at ni dot com> <1383147038 dot 2460 dot 10 dot camel at dvhart-mobl4 dot amr dot corp dot intel dot com> <20131115182314 dot GA32148 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 10:23 -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 03:30:38PM +0000, Darren Hart wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 22:27 -0500, Gratian Crisan wrote:
> > > Hi Joseph,
> > >
> > > Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote on 10/17/2013 07:34:16 PM:
> > >
> > > > Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/3][BZ #11588] pi-condvars: add priority
> > > > inheritance for pthread_cond_* internal lock
> > > > Sent by: Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for updating this. Do you have the copyright assignment
> > > paperwork
> > > > in progress (I don't see you or NI mentioned in copyright.list at
> > > > present)?
> > >
> > > I do not have a copyright assignment but I would like to start the process
> > > and my manager is willing to help (cc: Michael Phillips).
> > >
> > > Sorry for my ignorance, is this the right starting point:
> > > http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Copyright-Papers ?
> > > Does the copyright assignment need to come from me or from my employer
> > > (National Instruments)?
> > >
> > > I will let Darren Hart comment on his copyright assignment status, since a
> > > lot of the code comes from his original patches.
> > > I was mainly helping Darren with the upgrade to 2.19.
> > Paul McKenney is looking into the copyright assignment from IBM for my
> > and Dinakar's contributions. We are both traveling in Europe this week
> > at various conferences, so please be a little patient with us :-)
> And I have obtained approval from IBM for the copyright assignment,
> please see attached for a draft. Please let me know of any issues with
> this document, otherwise, I will mail it in to FSF.
Looks correct to me, thank you Paul.
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel