This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:42:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311131535530 dot 24404 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <201311131832 dot rADIWWl1006890 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <20131114030709 dot GJ20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Alan Modra <email@example.com> writes:
> We are very likely going to have a distro release off the 2.18 branch,
> or at least based on source prior to the FSF 2.19 release. Correct me
> if I'm wrong here, but I believe that distro glibc ought to be marked
> as 2.18.
That would have an incompatible ABI, so it won't happen.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."