This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Define PTR_MANGLE and PTR_DEMANGLE unconditionally.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 12:30:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Define PTR_MANGLE and PTR_DEMANGLE unconditionally.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131031194113 dot GA30302 at domone dot podge> <5272B2DA dot 8090807 at redhat dot com> <20131105093831 dot GA21063 at domone dot podge>
On 11/05/2013 04:38 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 03:43:22PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On 10/31/2013 03:41 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>>> +#ifndef PTR_MANGLE
>>> +# define PTR_MANGLE(x)
>>> +#ifndef PTR_DEMANGLE
>>> +# define PTR_DEMANGLE(x)
>> This should happen once and then get used everywhere else.
> Definitions of PTR_DEMANGLE are scattered in various sysdep.h files.
> Moving these would involve creating a new header. A posibility would be
> a defaults header where we would move various compatibility definitions.
That sounds good to me. Feel free to create such a header first, and then
move only PTR_* into it, and then we can follow up other patches as we
touch things to move them there?