This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Deprecating mtrace?
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: pinskia at gmail dot com
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:41:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Deprecating mtrace?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131103185737 dot GA29145 at domone dot podge> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311031859260 dot 16907 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131103191754 dot GA29265 at domone dot podge> <EB8D2962-61D6-475E-BF00-AB8CB01E0F27 at gmail dot com>
On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 11:27:23AM -0800, email@example.com wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 2013, at 11:17 AM, OndÅej BÃlka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 07:01:07PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> >>> On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
> >>> Hi,
> >>> Does someone still use mtrace when valgrind is better and faster?
> >> And doesn't support most of the platforms glibc does.
> > From valgrind homepage
> > It runs on the following platforms: X86/Linux, AMD64/Linux, ARM/Linux,
> > PPC32/Linux, PPC64/Linux, S390X/Linux, MIPS32/Linux, MIPS64/Linux,
> > ARM/Android (2.3.x and later), X86/Android (4.0 and later), X86/Darwin
> > and AMD64/Darwin (Mac OS X 10.7, with limited support for 10.8).
> > Please state which are platforms that are supported by glibc and
> > improtant programs running only on that platform needs mtrace
> AARCH64 is one which is important that is not currently supported by valgrind
by the way did you tried a boehm-gc as a leak checker for aarch64?