This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Adjust AT_EXECFN on explicit loader invocation
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:40:29 -0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Adjust AT_EXECFN on explicit loader invocation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ye6qeh8lrcsk dot fsf at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CALoOobMreT4Ukk44cDRnwt=mDJfqtuamEMm9QHndOh-MuZJoRA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I think it would be good if you integrate the attached testcase as a real one.
On 04-11-2013 15:48, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> Original patch: https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-09/msg00561.html
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov <email@example.com> wrote:
>> It is a common need for "sophisticated" binaries (such as Java) to be able
>> to find the main executable on disk (e.g. in order to symbolize a crash
>> stack trace).
>> One "signal" that could be used for this is AT_EXECFN, which Linux
>> kernel passes as part of the aux vector.