This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Deprecating mtrace?
- From: Andreas Grapentin <andreas at grapentin dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:52:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Deprecating mtrace?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131103185737 dot GA29145 at domone dot podge> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311031859260 dot 16907 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131103191754 dot GA29265 at domone dot podge> <E1Vd3d0-0005vw-59 at fencepost dot gnu dot org>
I think one thing to mention here is that valgrind operates completely
differently than mtrace.
Both tools have their own properties and uses, which make them anything
On 11/03/2013 08:46 PM, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Why deprecate a useful tool?
^ also this.