This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use saturated arithmetic for overflow detection.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 16:51:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use saturated arithmetic for overflow detection.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131030174502 dot GA18107 at domone dot podge> <52715382 dot 1010006 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20131030191456 dot GA19336 at domone dot podge> <52715D4C dot 5030606 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20131101135940 dot GA3435 at domone dot podge>
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
> I wrote and attached quick benchmark for v2 of patch.
What's relevant is real uses of glibc. Unless saturated operations are
significant to the performance of normal glibc operations, optimize for
code size (I don't know which version would be smallest) and for ease of
understanding and maintaining the glibc code (which dictates not having
Joseph S. Myers