This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:04:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131020174109 dot GA17943 at domone dot podge> <20131020222505 dot GK20515 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <5264FD5D dot 6040605 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 12:25 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> > There is already a clean, portable way to achieve the exact same
> > thing: the *at functions.
> fsetxattrat is missing, though. Probably more.
Feel free to propose/implement new *at functions for glibc. That doesn't
depend on kernel support (although kernel support would be good) because
you can implement them in userspace using /proc/self/fd, just like many
existing fallback implementations for !__ASSUME_ATFCTS.
Joseph S. Myers