This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #15701] Freopen with closed file descriptors.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:32:25 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #15701] Freopen with closed file descriptors.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131009192116 dot GA3800 at domone dot podge>
On 10/09/13 13:21, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
Couldn't this be done in a pre-load checker as well so that conforming
code doesn't pay the checking penalty?
This bug complains about undefined behavior when user closes file
descriptor. This is again patch or close case.
We could check this by asking kernel if descriptor is valid.
* libio/freopen.c: Check if file descriptors are open.