libc locale spec?

Is there a current, complete and definitive specification of the
fields that are required (and/or optional) in a glibc locale file?

I ask because I see a number of fields that are collected
inconsistently across existing locales, such as

LC_MESSAGES
yestr
nostr

These appear deprecated [1], but they are still present in many
locales, should they be removed from those locales?

cjl

[1] Source of info on deprecation of yestr/nostr

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/The-Elegant-and-Fast-Way.html#The-Elegant-and-Fast-Way

Quoting:

YESSTR
    The return value is a locale-specific translation of the positive
response to a yes/no question.

    Using this value is deprecated since it is a very special case of
message translation, and is better handled by the message translation
functions (see Message Translation).

    The use of this symbol is deprecated. Instead message translation
should be used.
NOSTR
    The return value is a locale-specific translation of the negative
response to a yes/no question. What is said for YESSTR is also true
here.