Re: inline __isctype no longer available for C++ programs

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:
> Ryan S Arnold <rsa@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> int is = __isctype('a',_ISupper | _ISalpha);
>>
>> rather than:
>>
>> int is = isupper(a) | isalpha(a);
>
> The compiler should be able to optimize the latter into the former.

Good point.  I'll check the disassembled object files to see if it
does indeed do this.  If it does there wouldn't really be a need for
an inlined isctype function.

I imagine this might be complicated by the fact that __isctype_f hides
references into specification tables, are queried from thread specific
data.

Ryan