This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Stability of the locale archive format
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Stability of the locale archive format
- References: <51794DA2 dot 3070909 at redhat dot com>
AFAIK neither the locale data files' nor the locale-archive's format has
ever been specified or properly documented anywhere, and it's always been
considered a private part of the implementation with no intent to support
any direction of compatibility (beyond magic number checking to make
incompatible code/data fail early rather than bizarrely).