This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix for BZ #15366 (ignore __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS, __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Smith <richardsmith at google dot com>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:35:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for BZ #15366 (ignore __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS, __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS)
- References: <ye6qhaj75q8n dot fsf at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <516CFD67 dot 2010009 at redhat dot com> <CALoOobMkrkFtqeNWF7dhEfnYV8=hNUvwKq+X4md=8mDfawd5vA at mail dot gmail dot com> <516D71F0 dot 5090500 at redhat dot com> <20130416160428 dot GY20323 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CALoOobNcA1T=71fyhfeJi53eqY8Vt83tjOFgGp7=rpopF2nGEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGL0aWeqHv7QxphsX0THtkZ6zse=3WynenJ85DGxBhNkMFh0Xg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGL0aWft_kGHZD78X-05hodzWcO8jkDcbmiN-uV6FsxW1YWu=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/22/2013 10:25 PM, Richard Smith wrote:
I've done a little more digging. The text was added to C here (I can
find no indication that they liaised with the C++ committee before
and it was removed as an *editorial* change here:
"Removed the C++ feature test macros from 7.8.1, 7.19.2, 7.19.3, and
7.19.4 since C++ has never
Thanks for your investigation.
In this light, I think the original patch makes sense.
I personally have been bitten by the need to define __STDC_FORMAT_MACROS
(that's the 7.8.1 reference).
Paul, could you remove that as well?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team