This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] strcpy optimizations
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: andi at firstfloor dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:37:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] strcpy optimizations
- References: <20130129201542.GA23023@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz>
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 09:15:42PM +0100, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> Hi, I have several questions about strcpy.
> First question: I need to know if it is safe for example to use pblendvb
> on high 8 bytes while other thread modifies lower 8 bytes?
Generally it's not, it's not an atomic operation.
Also you always have to worry about being at a page boundary and the
next/prev page being unmapped. The PCMP*STR functions have special
code to handle this.