This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/3] unify xmalloc prototypes & friends
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:53:41 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] unify xmalloc prototypes & friends
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is pretty well independent from the other two patches and if I were
you I would have just posted it separately. If it's part of the same
series I would have made it the last patch in the series.
I agree with the sentiments expressed and I think this is a good start.
But locale/programs/ is indeed wrong. Even if this is all you are doing
now, you can create include/programs/ and put a file in there. Since this
header just declares the x* memory functions, I'd prefer it have a less
generic name reflecting what's actually in it. (And if there are other
different declarations to put in a common header in the future, there's
no particular reason those ought to go in the same one rather than in a
different topical header in include/programs/.)