Re: Bootstrapping glibc vs. dependency on system headers

As to the general case, I think float.h is probably the best choice
and stdarg.h probably just as good.  It's been a very long time since
anything but GCC itself installed headers by those names.

For libc, I think always using $CC -E is fine.  You don't need to bother
with the MSG_CHECKING and CACHE_VAL boilerplate.  (Frankly I don't think it
really matters to respect a user override of CPP, but ignoring one would be
a somewhat more extreme departure from the norm.)

It's best if comments refer to a URL in a bug database (libc's bugzilla or
another one, whatever) with details filed there rather than pointing to a
mailing list thread.  If you do use URLs to mailing list archives, they
must be to the canonical archive (http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/...)
rather than to some third-party site.

Thanks,
Roland