This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't accept exp char without digits in scanf floatparsing
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:03:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't accept exp char without digits in scanf floatparsing
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 05:41:22PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> A floating point number must have at least one digit before the exponent
> character, so scanf should not parse beyond the exponent character when
> no digits were seen yet.
> [BZ #13988]
Nice to see this bug being addressed! Have you looked at #12701 and
the attached test cases?